Interested in joing a new fun(d)raising committee?
Interested? Click here to email SurayaRose Sarae.
Temple Israel offers a religious school program which educates students from preschool through the Bar/Bat Mitzvah year. Our overall objective is to transmit Jewish concepts, values, and practices in an interesting, meaningful manner so that students will develop a positive identification with their Jewish heritage. By guiding students through a particular set of Jewish Experiences, we hope to:
- Spark interest in Jewish living and tzedaka
- Provide skills to live a Jewish life - basic knowledge of Jewish ritual, customs, holidays, literature, history and belief, synagogue prayer skills; music/dance skills; Hebrew language skills.
- Provide exposure to a variety of Jewish religious experiences, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Provide a climate where the creative energies of students may be directed into Jewish creative expression in art, music, drama, dance, prayer, prose and poetry.
- Develop a sense of kinship with k'lal Yisrael and a sense of responsibility to all Jews.
- Establish a special relationship with Israel, the people and the land.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the Torah, the most important "book" of our people.
- The primary goal of our Hebrew curriculum is to help students feel comfortable as practicing Jews who understand and participate in synagogue services, holiday celebrations and life cycle rituals. Hebrew is taught on Sundays and Tuesdays.
Call for a registration form to complete & mail to: Temple Israel, 27 Pierce Street, Greenfield, MA 01301. If you have any questions, please contact the Hebrew School @ 413-772-8689.
Janice Colbert, our award winning education director works with our talented teachers in putting together the Hebrew School programs as well as the Family Education programs. Our Family Education programs are partially funded by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.