Interested in joing a new fun(d)raising committee?
Interested? Click here to email SurayaRose Sarae.
2011-2012 Tuition and Fee Policy
2011-2012 Tuition and Fee Policy
Please note the changes that have been made to ensure that funds are available to support the goals and objectives of the Hebrew School and the B'nai Mitzvah program for the coming years.
I. Tuition for children attending Hebrew School for the 2011-2012 year will be as follows:
- Children who are in Kindergarten through second grade and who only attend once a week: $425
- Children who are in third through sixth grade: $485
- B'nai Mitvah students: $555
There will continue to be a discount for multiple children in the same family of $50 per additional child.
II. Payment policy for this year is as follows:
- Families are asked to pay at least half the balance of the 2011-2012 Hebrew School Tuition with submission of the registration forms. The balance is due by January 1, 2012.
- If this is not feasible, please make a request, in writing, to Joanie Cohen-Mitchel, the religious school Treasurer who will liaise with the Temple Financial Assistance Committee for either an individual payment plan or financial assistance. Your check or a statement from the Financial Assistance Committee stating that a payment agreement has been made will confirm your child's enrollment in the school. (Either of these options will be lept in strict confidence by the Committee).
III. Scholarship Requests. Per the new policy, as proposed to the Board of Directors on June 14, 2009:
- Members in need of financial assistance with paying Temple Dues and/or school tuition shall make a written application including name, address, type of membership, number of children whol will attend school, amount of assistance requested, and a general description of the need for assistance.
- A financial assistance committee (composed of the Temple Treasurer, a representative chosen by the board, and a representative of the Education Committee) shall review the request for financial assistance confidentially.
- The financial assistance committee will make decisions on requests for help with dues and/or tuition by majority vote, and shall weigh the financial needs of both individuals and both individuals and the community as a whole in making its decisions. Members shall be expected to pay a minimum of 10% of normal dues. The financial assistance committee shall have the discretion to make exceptions in extraordinary circumstances.
- Members receiving financial assistance will be reviewed every other year by May 1 (half of the members with assistance will be reviewed each year), and there will be an expectation that abated dues will increase by a minimum of 10% upon review.
- Hebrew School Tuition balances must be paid in full before a B'Nai Mitzvah date is confirmed
The Education Committee has proposed these changes in order to enhance the collection of assessed fees and to better delineate the steps families can take to seek financial assistance. It is both the Hebrew School and Temple Israel's policy to offer a Jewish Education to all children of the Jewish Community regardless of their ability to pay. The above policies will help to better clarify both the payment options available to families and the process for paying dues and tuition.