Stairway To Heaven!
My teacher, of blessed memory, Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, taught us a beautiful teaching about the nature of heaven and hell. He took it for granted that we have a soul. The soul is the portion in each of us which is composed of a lighter, refined, more eternal material. I sometimes call it the 4%. The other 96% of us is composed of the elements of earth. The 4% is the God-In-Us.
When the God-In-Us departs the body, we are able -in fact required!- to... Read More